Using your password
Your password and Social Security number:
- Allow you to securely access your benefit account.
- Serve as an electronic signature.
- Keep your data private.
You are responsible for all unemployment benefits paid on your account using your Password. You should never share your Password with anyone, even a department representative. Should someone else use your Password to collect your unemployment benefits, you are responsible for repaying the benefits as well as being the subject of any penalties.
If you forget your password, you can reset it: reset
- Online at www.uimn.org:
- Log in to your account.
- Enter your Social Security number, click the checkbox Forgot your password , and then click Login.
- Answer the security question* you chose when applying for benefits.
- By phone:
- Call the automated phone system.
- Make your language choice: English, Spanish, Hmong, or Somali.
(If you need another language, follow the steps on the Contact Customer Service page to speak to a representative and request an interpreter.)
- Enter your Social Security number.
- When you hear the prompt to enter your password, press the # key.
- Press 1 to reset your password.
- Answer the security question* you chose when applying for benefits using the telephone keypad.
*If you forgot the answer to your security question, call Customer Service to have a temporary password mailed to you.