To help us better serve everyone, please:
Follow the schedule below to apply for unemployment benefits online or submit your weekly payment request online. The day of the week you file for benefits will not affect the amount of benefits you receive.
Our online system is available Sunday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
|If the last digit of your
Social Security number is:
|Apply for benefits or submit a
payment request on this day of week
|0, 1 or 2
||Monday, Thursday, Friday
|3, 4 or 5
||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
|6, 7, 8 or 9
||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
You will have access to an online account after you apply for unemployment benefits. Within that account, you will be able to:
- View your account action items: When we need additional information from you, your "Account Home Page" will display messages advising you what you need to do.
- Request benefit payments: To receive unemployment benefits, you must submit a request for benefit payment each week. Your "Account Home Page" will tell you when you need to request payment. If you applied recently and don’t have a link for request payment yet, don’t panic. We are still verifying your information.
- View your account information: You can view eligibility determinations, payment information, and other account-specific information.
- Maintain your account information: You can change your address, update your tax withholding, or change your payment method.
Need help? We're here.
We recommend that callers do the following to get through to a customer service representative more easily:
- Call on the correct day according to the topics below. We recommend calling before 2:00 p.m., as there is a chance we will not get to your call if you are still in the queue after that point.
- Plan on waiting to speak to a representative. We are taking an unprecedented number of calls. Once you are on hold in the queue, you are in line, stay on the call. Hanging up and then calling again will put you in the back of the call line.
- If you call and hear a busy signal, wait a few minutes and call again. A busy signal may mean that our call queue is full, and we are unable to add more people to the queue. Once you are in the queue, stay in the queue.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Apply by phone
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Mailing address and fax
UI Customer Service
P.O. Box 4629
St. Paul, MN 55101-4629
Appeals must be filed electronically, by mail, or fax within the timeframe specified on the determination or correspondence to be appealed. Instructions for Filing an Appeal are printed on all applicant and employer determinations.