The information on this page is a general overview of UI tax rates. For an overview of unemployment insurance tax, reference the Tax Rate Information section of the Employer Handbook. Tax rate information specific to your employer account can be viewed online by logging in to your employer account.
Overview of 2018 Tax Rates
Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate Determinations for 2018 will be sent out by U.S. mail to Minnesota employers by December 15, 2017. Go to Overview of 2018 tax rates to learn more about important changes.
2017 Tax Rate Information
Taxable Wage & Rate Information
For total cost roll-up factors, see 4-Year Tax Rate History.
- 1.44% - Tax rate for new employers in a non-high experience rating industry (add 0.10% base tax rate for your 2017 UI tax rate of 1.54%)
- 8.34% - Tax Rate for new employers in a high experience rating industry (add 0.10% base tax rate for your 2017 UI tax rate of 8.44%)
- Your tax rate varies with the amount of UI benefits charged to your account
- 8.90% - maximum tax rate (add 0.10% base tax rate for your 2017 UI tax rate of 9.00%)
- Select Benefits Paid Charge Activities in your online account to view benefits charged to your account
Assessments for 2017
There is no Additional Assessment or Federal Loan Interest Assessment for 2017.
Calculating the Total Amount Due
Example of how the Quarterly Amount Due is calculated.