How will I be paid?
When you apply, you choose how you want to receive your benefit payments:
You can change your payment method by logging in to your account online or by calling customer service.
It is your responsibility to monitor the balance in your account to avoid overdrafts.
How does direct deposit work?directDeposit
- Once you set up direct deposit, payments should reach your account within three business days after you request a payment.
- When you complete a new application for benefits, you must also complete a new direct deposit request.
- If you change your bank or bank account, remember to update this information in your benefit account to avoid a delay in payment
How does the unemployment debit card work?debitCard
The unemployment debit card can be used (without fees):
- To get cash at any bank that accepts Visa
- At any U.S. Bank ATM
- To make purchases at any business that accepts Visa debit cards
You should receive your card in the mail in a plain white envelope about five to seven business days after your first payment is made. If you do not receive your card, call us to verify that a payment was made. If a payment was made, then call U.S. Bank ReliaCard customer service at 1-855-233-8379. Once your card is mailed, deposits are usually made within three business days after you request a payment. Keep your debit card – it can be used for future unemployment benefits for up to three years. Read the information included with your card for terms, fees, and conditions. You are responsible for any fees charged.