This is the online version of filling out a paper form. Enter the Social Security number, last name, first name, middle initial, owner/officer, hours worked, gross wages, and reporting unit* number for each employee. The online Employer Self-Service System calculates the tax due.
*Your reporting unit number(s) can be found by clicking Account Maintenance on My Home Page, and then clicking Maintain Reporting Units.
Before submitting the file, make sure that the information is complete and accurate. Any employer that submits a wage detail report, but fails to include all employee information or enters erroneous information, shall be subject to an administrative service fee of $25 for each employee for whom the information is partially missing or erroneous. An administrative service fee may be canceled under certain circumstances.
To submit a manually entered wage detail report:
- Log in to your account at www.uimn.org
- On My Home Page, click Tax and Wage Detail Reporting.
- Click Submit Wage Detail.
- On the next page, under Reporting Period, select the quarter and year for which you are submitting data.
- Under Filing Methods, select Manual Entry, and then click Next.
- Enter the Social Security number, last name, first name, middle initial, owner/officer, hours worked, gross wages, and reporting unit number for each employee.
- Click Save.
IMPORTANT: When entering wage detail information you must SAVE each page before continuing on to the next page, or only the final page will be saved.
- Click Next.
- Complete the 12th of the month data for each reporting unit, and then click Next. The Wage Detail Report Summary page opens.
- Review the information, and then click Next.
- Review the total amount due.
- Click Submit Wage Detail. The Wage Detail Submission Confirmation page displays with a confirmation number. At this point, you can choose to make a payment. Follow instructions below to make a payment.
To make a payment:
- Click Make Payment.
- Select the statement period and year from the drop down menu, then click Search if you want to view the balance of a previous statement period; otherwise, click Make Payment. The Employer Payment Information page opens.
- Enter the payment amount and select a payment method from drop down menu, click Next.
Paper Check Method:
- Paper check payment information displays, click Next. A File Download box will display.
- Click Open to view the payment voucher
- or -
Click Save to save the voucher to your computer.
- Submit the lower portion of the voucher along with your check to the specified address.
Electronic Payment Method:
- Enter Routing Transit Number, Bank Account Number, Account Type (from drop down menu) and Payment Effective Date. Click Next.
- Review Electronic Check Payment Information, and then click Submit. The Receipt of Payment displays.