Year-end tax information – IRS Form 1099-G
Unemployment benefits are taxable income under both federal and Minnesota laws.
- IRS Form 1099-G will be mailed to everyone who was paid Minnesota unemployment benefits in 2018.
- We will use the address listed on your account as of December 31, 2018.
- Mailing will begin in mid-January and will be completed by January 31, 2019.
- The form shows the total benefits paid and all federal and state income taxes withheld.
View and print your Form 1099-G
You will be able to print a copy of your IRS Form 1099-G from your online account. We will update this page when your 1099-G can be viewed and printed.
- Federal income tax related questions: contact the Internal Revenue Service at www.irs.gov or 1-800-829-1040.
- State income tax related questions: contact the Minnesota Department of Revenue at www.revenue.state.mn.us